Saturday Afternoon Entertainment – Hinckley RFC’s Big Match Lunches 2019/20
Identified as one of the highlights of the rugby calendar, a visit to Hinckley Rugby Club’s pre-match 3 course lunch delivers great entertainment, quality of food and speed of service. At times, we have actually serviced over 440 covers before kick-off and at key lunch we will be looking to do the same again!
Early booking is essential, especially as in our early season build up period of late Sept, through October to Nov 2nd the rugby world cup will be in full swing and we are expecting the public’s interest in rugby to explode.
For those that have never been we present for a table of 10:
- Soup of the day
- Full Roast Joint of the day with associate veggies and yorkies
- Cheese & Biscuits
- Followed by host and opposition speeches
As with any good dinner, there is an element of theatre with the self-serve of the soup and the carving of the joint by your head of the table. Volunteered, nominated or self-appointed, you will always need a head of the table. The roast joints are top quality and of a size to fully compensate a very hungry pack!*
Noted as the place to be on a Saturday afternoon within the Hinckley area, if you haven’t been before, there has never been a better time to try. Tables are £250 for a table of 10. We can accommodate smaller numbers at £25 per head as long as you are happy to be placed where there are table spaces available.**
Whether it’s family, friends, rugby supporters or corporate hospitality try out the Hornet’s for a fine afternoon’s entertainment in great company. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or book with Lucy via the bar or you can book online.
The full list of this season’s Big Match Lunches are:
- Sept 7th vs Caldy
- Sept 21st vs Luctonians
- Oct 5th vs Otley supporting prostate cancer
- Oct 19th vs Fylde supporting the Matt Hampson Foundation
- Nov 2nd vs Preston Grasshoppers – World Cup Final day
- Nov 16th vs Huddersfield supporting Hinckley RFC Mini Juniors
- Nov 30th vs Stourbridge Ladies Day – Waiting List
- Dec 8th vs Sheffield Tigers
- Dec 21st vs Loughborough Students – Waiting list
- Jan 11th vs Hull
- Jan 25th vs Sedgley Park – JCC Rugby Reunion
- Feb 8th vs Scunthorpe
- Feb 29th vs Wharfedale
- March 21st vs Tynedale
- April 18th vs Chester
*Individual veggie options can be made available with prior notice.
**Please note all lunches need to be paid at least 1 week prior to each event else there is a 20% surcharge.